“But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3: 13-14
We all get stuck at times! I know I often feel so overwhelmed with the responsibilities I have taken on and what I perceive as others’ expectations, that I don’t have the time or the energy to do what I really want to do. But if it’s truly a priority, then why am I not making the time and having the energy??? If you’re like me, you give up on yourself way too often!
God has placed a dream in my heart. I know He has placed a dream in your heart. Let’s determine to “not give up!” He has given you this dream for a reason. He has gifted and equipped you with the characteristics, strengths, and talents you need to follow through. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.” Believe it. Own it. “Stay With It.”
The dream is a seed that has been planted. What is keeping it from taking root? How can we nurture the dreams God has placed in our hearts? Here are some simple tips to commit to:
1. Block out a chunk of time, whether it’s a half hour or two hours. Use that time to brainstorm and get your ideas on paper. I have found that “Mind Maps” are a great tool for me to visualize my dream and brainstorm goals and smaller steps. Comment below to ask for some resources I can share with you. Here is a link to see what I am talking about.
2. “If I fail to make a plan, I plan to fail.” Fleshing out a timeline with goals will help you “Stay With It.” Set aside at least fifteen minutes each day to do something toward your goals. It might be reading an article, writing a blog post, networking, taking photographs, or even creating a graphic, but DO something.
3. This is an important one! Spend time in Prayer and in God’s Word. Build that relationship with God so you can discern His voice. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3: 5-6
4. Be kind to yourself. If you get behind, don’t give up! If something doesn’t work out the way you hoped for, “Stay With It.” Rework your plan and dig in.
“Stay With It.”
5. Share your dreams and goals with someone who can help keep you accountable! A Life Coach can walk alongside you, helping you process, asking you the questions that keep moving you forward, and encouraging you to “Stay With It.”
CONNECT: What is the dream God has placed in your heart? What can you do today to take some steps forward?